Instagram - @iamanocelot

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Recently

I haven't been posting. I've been so busy. And I've been dealing with.. things. I won't be free from exams for another few weeks but I try. And it's confirmed- I leave for a trip to Taiwan in a few weeks after this is all over to see a sick relative. It's an amazing place nevertheless, and I'll be sure to share tons of photos.

Here be some randoms:


My clothes rack (that I usually lay out for the week, though usually doesn't go according to plan).


Some side braiding I accomplished during a study break in order to temporarily retrieve my sanity. It worked.


From the front. I guess the shots outside weren't necessary, but I needed an excuse to get out of the house.


My favorite Ray-Bans (yes I own more than 1 pair) next to some of my favorite glassware. I collect pretty glass things. And Ray-Bans.


I recently dyed my hair dark black with LUSH henna- took a total of 6 hours + washing it out but it was totally worth it. So recommend. It actually stuck to my hair better than drugstore chemicals- surprisingly enough, and black NEVER stays in my hair.

My friends always joke that I'm not actually Asian and my hair knows the truth.


And of course, my baby. Favorite 6-mo old Siamese kitten in the world. I bought the carpet tower for him from a Goodwill.


A shot of my heat transfer book and TI-84 calculator. Never could get used to the 89's-even for the LaPlace and differentials abilities. There goes my nerd talk again.


And last but not least, my family of Nikon's. The left is an old film SLR and the right is my D40 (can't really see it though). They're useful since my dad used to shoot with Nikons and thus I inherited all his old lenses which are fully compatible.

And below, a Toy Joy sticker and P Terry's. Ever go to Austin, Toy Joy is a MUST. One of my favorite places on Earth, and not just because I used to work next door at Buffalo Exchange. Even if you don't like toys, you still have to go for the wow experience-- the place is packed from floor to ceiling with awesomeness. And if you don't like toys I really don't know what's wrong with you.

This is my lame excuse for a post. Uh, you're welcome for sharing? I never know how to end these things.

5 comments :

DAKOTA said...

Hello You!

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I missed yours. Please keep up the photos... Your blog deserves more exposure because your style is interesting. Have you ever though of moving it to Wordpress? I am really liking your latest pictures, the hand and jewelry shot was very Indie and colorful!!!

xox

Astrid Storm said...

pretty cool shots. I've been scrolling the post's back and forth a couple of times, gotta say.

lovely.

You have a adorable blog by the way,hope you'll pass by

Strawberry Freckleface said...

In love with your disheveled braided hair. Oh, how I long for long thick locks. :-)

strawberry freckleface

Sarah Whitney said...

Awww you cat is just so adorable! Such a cutie.

Rene Braun said...

great blog!

WWW.RENEBRAUN.COM

Kisses!